New Central Bohemian Drifter

If you've just joined the forum why not post here, and introduce yourself to us all.
honYa

Re: New Central Bohemian Drifter

Post by honYa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:11 am

malcolm wrote:Hi HonYa

I must visit Prague..very soon
used to go to Warsaw and Gdynia in the early 80's..

M
Hi Malcolm, yes, a lot of stuff has changed, the "ossie" esprit is almost gone, at least in centre of Prague. But if you are not Czech, I think many things, both positive and negative, strike you anyway once you cross the border. But that´s the same stuff with any foreign country and what makes travelling so tempting for me.

Bongo

Post by Bongo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:38 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. I bobbed my last 800 and ran an 18/40 set up which worked well for me. I also fit K&N filters as standard and had an aftermarket exhaust. Nice ride by the way.

Orange

Post by Orange » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:03 am

Hi honYa.

WELCOME..!!

cant speak for 8's, as I've got a 15, Drifters are Drifters, the 15 does move well, can snake off the line and I can outfox most, unless they have no regard for their safety, then I'll let them get on with their deathwish, but I think we'd all agree these beautys are destined for cruisin n looking cool as F in the process.

P.S. You'll get to your destination around the same time at 60 mph as 90.. You'll actually need to do a fair bit more than a 100 and even then you'll only make it roughly 5 minutes quicker.. :ugeek:

K&N Air and Oil with Ester based oil, Vance & Hines longshots, power commander.. but V&H is purely to make nice sounds, it came with the K&N stuff and I've replaced like for like, mainly due to the fact that the K&N Oil filter has a 17 inch nut built in, making it easy to work with. It came with the power commander so I've programmed accordingly...

:P

Orange

ICEMAN

Post by ICEMAN » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:26 pm

CDNRatMan wrote:Andrea's bike looks so nice, but what is that big round thing under the signal light?
They used to be be a thing called..er!...Vehicle Tax,,,back in the day. Everyone had to pay it every year unless you were a scumbag and didnt bother and this was the disc you used to display them in. Nowadays you still have to pay the tax, except you dont need to show it, which has now got millions of scumbags rubbing their hands and still not paying it except now no one knows they havent paid and they get away with it.....another TORY idea in action......wonderful
If time travel were possible...wouldnt someone have come back and told us about it?

Trevor the Toad

Post by Trevor the Toad » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Thin ice, man :mrgreen:
Toad song ................ Hogwarts

shunter v8

Post by shunter v8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:07 am

ICEMAN wrote:
CDNRatMan wrote:Andrea's bike looks so nice, but what is that big round thing under the signal light?
They used to be be a thing called..er!...Vehicle Tax,,,back in the day. Everyone had to pay it every year unless you were a scumbag and didnt bother and this was the disc you used to display them in. Nowadays you still have to pay the tax, except you dont need to show it, which has now got millions of scumbags rubbing their hands and still not paying it except now no one knows they havent paid and they get away with it.....another TORY idea in action......wonderful
We still have a tax disc on the island but I would be very interested in seeing figures of prosecutions in the uk before and after they stopped the disc,or do they not bother because they are too busy!!!!!

Bongo

Post by Bongo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Gentlemen please! Politics on the forum? Bad form.
Any vehicle registered to an owner is now subject of tax & mot which is monitored by computer. If you use said vehicle on a road, you WILL be caught on ANPR Camera (Automatic Number Plate Recognition. These do not recognise non reflective plates ( Crotch!) so the law will almost certainly do you for using one if they catch you .
Penalty for using an untaxed vehicle on the road now includes Seizure and crushing of the vehicle.

Trevor the Toad

Post by Trevor the Toad » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:59 pm

They've got to catch him first! Anyway did Ned Kelly worry all the time about being strung up??

Bongo you have RETIRED :mrgreen:

Bongo

Post by Bongo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 am

Trevor the Toad wrote:They've got to catch him first! Anyway did Ned Kelly worry all the time about being strung up??

Bongo you have RETIRED :mrgreen:
Indeed I have Trev. I was just pointing Iceman in the right direction of etiquette on here and the law. As a point of note, I have a black and silver number plate for the Indian!!!! :twisted:

Trevor the Toad

Post by Trevor the Toad » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Ha ha good one Bongo.

It won't be the same without you running round with your fingers in your ears singing 'la la la' :mrgreen: