Hello from Surrey

If you've just joined the forum why not post here, and introduce yourself to us all.
jibowski

Hello from Surrey

Post by jibowski » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi there

I just thought I'd finally do a post introducing myself to the forum after buying a drifter again after a 2 year gap

I was on here a few years ago with my first 1500 Drifter which was a scruffy but mechanically very well looked after bike in Gooseberry, it was all standard apart from hagon shocks, HD progressive springs and Harrison billet 6 brakes up front, I regrettably had to sell the bike due to buying a flat.

2 years later after the finances had recovered I decided to take the plunge and go for another VN1500 drifter (I''m also a bonneville fan but the big drifter got the nod as i want to tour on the continent), I managed to find my new drifter on gumtree a couple of weeks ago and I'm well happy, it's half the miles of my old one and in better condition, I've decided to take off a lot of the leather tassles and chromey bits that came on it as I like it minimal looking like a forties bike.

Trevor the Toad

Re: Hello from Surrey

Post by Trevor the Toad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Looking very good! What luggage you going for?
Toad song ................ Hogwarts

jibowski

Post by jibowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 am

When I purchased the bike it had a bit of a bodged up saddlebag set up using an old HD sissy bar bolted under the seat, it resulted in the studded saddlebags scratching the rear mudguards badly so the whole thing needs repainting, I'm gonna hang fire and see what luggage may turn up on here or on ebay for a couple of months, if i dont see anything by spring I'll order some saddleline mounts and get some hard panniers and get them sprayed to match the bike.

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 am

I'm not far away in High Wycombe if you want a ride out when the weather gets a bit better..
Malcolm in flat out mode.........

jibowski

Post by jibowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm

yeah that sounds good, I'll try and get along to a drifter meet in the summer too